- 'us' 'we' or 'our' means The Boxing Book Pty Ltd. (ACN 639500860); and
- 'our website' means the Boxing Book website at boxingbook.com.
Our commitment to privacy and data protection
We are committed to respecting your privacy and complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other applicable privacy and data protection laws.
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act. The Australian Privacy Principles govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your personal information. You can view the APPs on the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Consent to collection, use and disclosure of personal information
What is personal information?
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual who is either identified or reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- age or date of birth;
- email address;
- boxing record;
- registration information;
- boxing club association;
- [Health and fitness];
- Competitive boxing history, including an itemised list of all boxing events you participated in. As well as information specific to these events, such as; date, location, weight division, name of opponents and their competitive record, official fight result and length;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any additional personal information:
- that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; or
- which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- provide us with the information directly;
- register on our website;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising.
We do not purposefully collect sensitive information about you
We do not collect sensitive information about you (as defined in the Privacy Act), unless you provide it to us voluntarily. ‘Sensitive information’ includes information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or criminal record, provided that the information or opinion otherwise meets the definition of personal information.
You consent to us collecting sensitive information which you provide to us voluntarily. If we need to collect any sensitive information for a specific purpose, we will ask for your specific consent.
Personal information collected from other sources
If someone other than you provides us with personal information about you that we did not ask for, or you provide us with unsolicited personal information, we will only hold, use or disclose this information if we determine that we could have collected this information from you had we asked for it. In this circumstance, we will take all reasonable steps to notify you of the collection of that information. If we could not have collected this personal information, we will lawfully de-identify or destroy that personal information.
Why do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website or other services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, improve the information service we provide, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- advertising and product promotion
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our website and our business or in connection with providing our services to you);
- our professional advisers who have a need to know the information for the advisory services that they provide us;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- our agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our business or a substantial part of our business or assets are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We may, from time to time, send direct marketing communications to you about our business and services and other material that we consider you would find interesting or useful. If you do not wish to receive such direct marketing communications, you can always opt out. If you are receiving email communications from us, there will be a mechanism to opt out contained in each of those emails.
If you choose to opt out of all direct marketing communications, please note that we may still contact you for other reasonable purposes, including information that we are legally required to send, notifications of changes to our services or policies and information regarding the use, rights, benefits or obligations of users of our services.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. Despite these reasonable steps, no security system is impenetrable and, due to the inherent nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise, will be absolutely safe from unauthorised access by others.
International transfers of personal information
Some of the third parties we disclose your personal information to may be based or have servers located overseas. Before we disclose your information to overseas recipients, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is only processed for authorised purposes and adequately protected using the appropriate technical, organisational, contractual or other lawful means. You consent to us disclosing your personal information to overseas recipients on this basis.
We are based in Australia and any information you provide us may be transferred from your country of origin to Australia.
Your decision to provide personal information to us or allow us to collect such information constitutes your consent to the international transfer of the information described above.
How to exercise your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information that you provide us:
- you can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information;
- you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information;
- if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent; and
- you have the right to complain to The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner about our collection and use of your personal information - see www.oaic.gov.au.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us at [email protected]. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date, and we will try to confirm your details through our communications with you and promptly add updated or new personal information to existing records when we are advised. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us at [email protected] and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We retain personal information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we securely delete the information or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information at an earlier date if you so request, as described above.
Cookies and similar technologies
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected]. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, you are entitled to lodge your complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Privacy Officer: Reuben Staples Email: [email protected]
Last amended: [22 March, 2022]